Six Sigma is a success proven business management scheme that can assist you to unleash new horizons of business success with time bound rock-solid results. Six Sigma Methodology says:
“Any type of process which does not result in customer’s satisfaction is referred as a “Defect” and it has to be excluded from the process in order to get matchless supreme quality products and services”.
Why is Six Sigma important?
Six Sigma is methodology of continuous improvement which mostly centers on how to design products with less defects and to limit process variations by fulfilling all defined specifications. Six Sigma stresses on better control on individual processes that should be under control and monitored on continuous basis using SIPOC (Supplier Input Process Output Customer) approach that allows you to understand each process one by one, its working principle and areas of possible feasible improvements.
Statistical and scientific methodical tool like DMAIC (DEFINE, MEASURE, ANALYZE, IMPROVE, CONTROL) makes the measurement as well as improvement of process quantifiable and making Six Sigma indispensable for company’s objective realizations. Since Six Sigma is data driven making it a value-added process which makes change acceptable by removing ambiguity with knowing which parameters will create most impact on output.
What are the benefits of Six Sigma?
Six Sigma encompasses to all team members associated with the specific organization. Plus Six Sigma cannot be done in conference rooms or air conditioned offices instead it has to be done, implemented and sustained to the shop floor where actual action occurs and where the actual problems with their root cause exist.
According to numerous business reports, 35% reduction in cycle times have been observed after implementation of Six Sigma. Typical Six Sigma gains a reduction in Lead Time to half, Increase in Productivity by at least 25%, Inventory Reduction by 50% and Reduction in Defect of course by 99.99966%. On the contrary, firms who haven’t implemented six sigma methodology complaint about delays in their projects and cycle time completion, less employee engagement or totally zero employee motivational levels. Some note-able benefits of Six Sigma certification are as follows:
- Visual workplace management like 5S will enhance workplace management making workplace more visible towards potential hazards. Once all the potential hazards being identified, it becomes easier to eliminate or substitute the hazards with safest solutions.
- Customer Satisfaction.
- Continuous Improvement tool.
- A Strong and Focused Management Leadership.
- Efficient bench-marking System to stay competitive.
- Versatility makes it easier to use in different areas of Organization.
- Increased ROI from process and quality product with growth sustaining controls.
- A Structured Approach with quantifiable results and output for detail decision making.
Adherence to appropriate Six Sigma principles will aid you organization in achieving your business objectives and goals.